Blog Archive

05 December 2010

Square Peg - Round Hole

I'm a person who struggles. No big struggle between good and evil nor for the betterment of mankind, just within and without myself. I struggle with my thoughts. I struggle with others and their thoughts about me. I struggle with the world as it is, as it has been and as I perceive it will be. I doubt I'm unique in my propensity to struggle, my problem is simply that my perpetual struggles for thirty-odd years made me terribly unbalanced, out of whack and off kilter. I am coming into balance slowly and attempting to let my struggles abate.
This blog is my dedication to myself and my need to process where I've been, what I've gone through and determine where I'm going. It's a space and an opportunity for me to process many thoughts, feelings and experiences that tend to bang around in my head leading to further struggles. It's a hope that some day I will find balance, even if just for a moment, and a way of achieving that. In other words, it's not for you, it's for me.
After a lifetime of being a square peg trying to jam myself through a round hole, followed by years of trying unsuccessfully to become a round peg to fit through that same round hole, I am now in search of a square hole. My edges have certainly softened from the years of whittling, but I'm not going to bemoan the changes nor claim I've lost anything of myself. I'm just different, a little rounder and aware of how important balance is to being whole and finding the right hole.